Step by step guide – how to book on to a course via CPD Manager
- To log in to CPD Manager click the relevant link:
1. Enter your username and password – when CPD Manager goes live you should already have received an email containing your CPD Manager log in details.
a. If this is the first time you have logged on to CPD manager you will be presented with a screen that asks you to update your profile information and complete the equal opportunities monitoring form. You must complete the equal opportunities form before you can apply for any course. You can also complete this form by going to the My Profile menu and selecting the Update Profile tab.
b. You must also validate your email address before you are able to apply for a course. A link to do this was included in the email with your log in details. You can also validate your email address by going to the My Profile menu and selecting the Validate Email tab.
2. To apply for a course click the COURSES menu at the top of the screen. A list of all courses will appear. Search for the course you are looking for using the search panel. As well as the Clackmannanshire offer you have access to the Forth Valley and West Lothian Regional Improvement Collaborative opportunities.
3. Click the magnifying glass alongside the course you wish to apply for. The course description will appear. Please pay close attention to the target audience, course content and Notes section to ensure this is the right course for you.
4. Before applying for a course, ask your line manager for approval. Click the green APPLY button at the right hand side of the page. Tick I have discussed and confirmed this request with my line manager. Ignore the boxes that say Cost Centre and Ledger Line Code.
5. Your course request has been sent to your CPD Coordinator for approval. Once your CPD Coordinator has authorised your request, administration staff will then either confirm, decline or add your request to a waiting list, depending on availability. You will receive an email alerting you when your request has been processed.
6. After you have attended the course you will be asked to complete a course evaluation. Once you have completed this, the course will be added to your Professional Learning record.