Due to the popularity of the national Nurture Wee Blether in June 2020, we will be hosting a Forth Valley and West Lothian Nurture Wee Blether on Thursday 6th August 2020, 3-4pm.
This will be an opportunity for colleagues across Forth Valley and West Lothian to get together and have a smaller, more in-depth conversation about Nurture Principles and how we can use them to support the return to school buildings for children and young people. The event will be hosted by Education Scotland and Ed Psychologists from across Forth Valley and West Lothian. We will be exploring the following questions in discussions:
- Environment offers a safe base:
• How are we organising our learning environments to help support wellbeing in different areas of our school and classrooms?
• What are we doing to promote psychological safety for our children, young people and school staff?
Behaviour is a form of communication:
• What behaviours do you think we will see that will show children are coping or not coping when they return to school buildings?
• What can we do to support children who are showing their distress through their behaviour?
This event is about giving practitioners the opportunity to talk and explore their thoughts. It is informal and conversational in nature where participants share their knowledge and expertise around the themes being discussed. If you are interested in being involved, please follow this link to register:
There are a set number of places available so if interested please register as soon as possible. Registration closes 24 hours before the event starts. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email.
I look forward to seeing you there