Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence X
 Take risks X
 Organise and plan X
Manage Time X
 Make presentations X
 Act as a leader X
 Listen to others X
 Debate formally and informally X
 Take notes X

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Self-confidence  Allows me to be able to speak in front of others without hesitation. However this skill could be developed further as sometimes I lack confidence depending on the situation.
 Organise and plan  This will benefit me in all aspects of life, being able to balance academic and social lives.
 Manage time  I feel I am quite punctual so therefore I like to manage my time to ensure I am where i need to be at the right time.
 Act as a leader  I feel like i sometimes lead naturally without thinking about it which will help me in my future profession.
 Listen to others  It is crucial to listen to others while collaborating with one another to this will help when working with SW and CLD.
 Take notes  I feel taking notes is a very useful skill which shows self discipline and organisation, therefore will help me all through my studies.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
 Take risks  I will learn to take risks but starting to take smaller risks in life and eventually building it up
 Make presentations  I will work hard to become more fluent when presenting.
 Debate formally and informally  This is where my self confidence lacks and I will push myself to come out of my comfort zone to develop these skills.