The Director of Education and Children’s Services, along with two senior managers from Comhairle nan Eilean Siar will outline what changes they have made and the policies they have implemented which have resulted in a steady increase in the uptake of Gaelic Medium Education across island schools, both at primary and secondary level. The session will include a brief introduction, outlining current developments and the context for Gaelic Medium Education in Eilean Siar. The plans for further development of the recently announced Gaelic schools and the teaching school programme will be shared with those who join the meeting.
Topics to be covered include:
1. CNES support for the development of GME
2. The Vision for Gaelic/GME/GLE in the Western Isles.
3. Promotion of GME to parents.
4. Increasing the capacity for leadership in Gaelic Medium schools.
5. Planning for 1+2 Approach to Languages, using this policy to increase the delivery of Gaelic
6. Gaelic Medium/Gaelic Status schools.
Register to join us live in Glow TV – Developing the Vision for Gaelic Medium Education