The Amnesty Youth Awards bit.ly/132PPRy celebrates young people’s talents for human rights reporting, photography, songwriting (and performing), campaigning and fundraising.
Applications for our Youth Awards 2015 open on 8 September 2014 and closes on the 30 January 2015.
The competition is open to young people between the ages of 7 – 19 (up to and including Further Education). Students can take part in one or more categories to develop new skills and confidence to engage creatively with human rights.
Amnesty has awards and teaching resources to support five different catagories:
The Awards run in conjunction with the Times Educational Supplement and this year’s judges include:
- Sir Richard Branson – ambassador of Amnesty’s Youth Awards
- Sir Trevor McDonald OBE – judge, Young Reporter strand
- Krishnan Guru-Murthy – judge, Young Reporter strand
- Rankin – judge, Photographer strand
- Kate Nash – judge, Singer-Songwriter strand
- Owen Jones – judge, Campaigner strand