A new book club, Cuilean Cràicte, is being established to support children and young people in Gaelic Medium Education (GME). It will be run by a group of volunteers which includes professional publishers, translators and parents of those in GME. The book club will make available each month a Gaelic chapter book. This will feature hot off the press translations of books by popular authors such as Terry Deary and Frank Cottrell Boyce. The benefits to children and young people include
- fostering an interest in reading
- encouraging independence in reading
- supporting skills in literacy and Gaelic
- helping to improve vocabulary
- helping to increase fluency in Gaelic.
If you wish to join the club, please do so by 15 December 2014. A minimum number of subscribers is required to enable this club to run. For additional information, please click here.