A bespoke leadership award has been developed for those who aspire to be principal teachers, depute headteachers and headteachers of nursery, primary and secondary Gaelic Medium Education provision. On this programme, you will gain invaluable insight into what it takes to be an effective leader.
The leadership award will support teachers to:
- Reflect on your role and identify your key strengths and areas for growth.
- Gain clarity on setting direction and developing confidence in communicating change.
- Gain confidence in your abilities as a leader.
- Develop your skills and knowledge to prepare you for being in a leadership role in GME provision, for example, leading the curriculum, self- evaluation, supporting those with additional support needs, professional development and review.
- Learn to use participatory techniques and other skills to improve your ability to engage in partnership working.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
The programme will be delivered in two sessions, 16 & 17 September and 4 & 5 December 2014 at Columba 1400 on the Isle of Skye. For more information and to apply, please contact Kate McArdle on 01463 238 088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.