Date: 9am to 12:30pm, Tuesday 3rd June 2014
This professional learning event presents an exciting opportunity to learn about the approaches to 3-18 sciences developed by the Eastwood High School and Mearns Castle High School clusters which have been identified through the inspection process as being very good practice.
The event is aimed at Quality Improvement Officers, Science Development Officers, science coordinators, school leaders and practitioners from all sectors with responsibility for sciences as well as national agencies and partner organisations.
The event will provide delegates with an opportunity to hear about various strengths of work taking place in the cluster including the:
- effectiveness of their collegiate working led by the Science Ambassadors and also the partnership with SSERC
- cross-cluster development which has produced a very high-quality programme with strong progression across all the organisers and significant aspects of learning
- well planned discrete and interdisciplinary learning experiences from nursery to secondary
- outstanding resources for science across all stages which are easily accessible and very well matched to the experiences and outcomes
- learning rounds involving staff across the clusters focused on progression which provide very good evidence of how well children are progressing through the levels
- curriculum transitions which are described as sector leading.
To book a place at this event please contact Jennifer.Moore@educationscotland.gov.uk. It is advisable to book early to avoid disappointment.