This year, the Octavia Hill Awards are looking for heroes who have helped children and young adults connect with the outdoors and wildlife – passing on their own experience, enthusiasm and love of nature. As many studies have shown, such connections with nature (even, or especially, in towns and cities) are essential for our mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
Nominate your wild hero
Examples could include:
- A teacher who makes a special effort to inspire their pupils to love and understand nature through outdoor classes.
- An individual or organisation that has fought a campaign to save outdoor space to play in.
- A conservation volunteer who gives up free time to take children and parents on field trips.
- A national organisation that promotes the importance of children’s connection with nature.
- An individual who teaches children outdoor skills, such as foraging, den-building, camping and birdwatching.
The closing date for nominations is midnight 31 May.
Further information can be accessed here: