Available to teachers, support staff, school governors and others who are involved in teaching and inspiring children about plants, gardening and keeping animals in school. A wide range of topics is available, encompassing the use and development of school grounds, thus providing practical experience, activities and ideas for utilising horticulture in all areas of the curriculum.
The aims of this Programme are:
- To enthuse and support adults in developing and using gardens in school.
- To support progression through the RHS Campaign for School Gardening benchmarking scheme, levels 1 to 5.
- To encourage and advise teaching of the curriculum both inside and outside the classroom using, plants, gardens, animals, school grounds and environmental areas.
- To improve knowledge and understanding of plants, gardening and raising animals in school.
- The courses begin at 10.00am and finish at approximately 3.00pm, unless otherwise stated.
- Part of the day is usually spent outdoors, so please bring/wear suitable clothing and footwear.
- Lunch is included in the cost.
- Payment is required before the course date. Please send a non-refundable cheque made payable to the RHS or request an invoice with your booking.
- Further information and directions will be sent shortly before the course.
£60 per person
For further details about the courses and to register your school for the RHS ‘Campaign for school gardening’ visit: rhs.org.uk/schoolgardening