SUSTRANS works with communities across Scotland to help people improve their local areas through a number of exciting and innovative projectshttp://bit.ly/Hpu9Um
Possible projects include:
- Re-designing streets to create liveable spaces outside front doors.
- Creating important links that connect people to the places they want to get to by car and bike.
- A grant programme making Scottish Government funding available to local authorities for the creation of cycling infrastructure in Scotland – including links to schools.
Sustrans Scotland also has 120 expert officers working across Scotland to encourage young people to get active through cycling. Further details of their work with schools can be found at: http://bit.ly/16JKw9U
Further online resources are also available:
- Bike to school week: http://bit.ly/1itpMmF
- Suss it out – 10, 20 and 30 minute simple and snappy activities to inspire action and discussion on active travel: http://bit.ly/199Q24n
- Big Street Survey – a curriculum resource where young people study the area around their school to identify the good and the bad, and draw up a manifesto for change and deliver it to local and national decision-makers:http://bit.ly/1adklmX
- Moving up – A guide for those working with 11 – 18 year olds, setting out how best to promote active travel at secondary schools: http://bit.ly/1aH8xNW