First and second level materials
‘Reading to Learn; Learning to Read’ are new reading support materials to support first and second levels. They are now available in Glow: (Glow log-in required).
These materials include practical ideas to develop and support reading at first and second level, active learning strategies for teaching reading and a wide variety of approaches to support reading.
Specific areas covered include:
- reciprocal reading.
- before, during and after reading activities.
- the Thinking Reader.
Third and fourth level materials
New Literacy across learning materials to support the third and fourth levels are now available in Glow. (Glow log-in required).
These materials include information on:
- practical strategies and ideas to develop literacy across learning
- listening and talking strategies
- writing across the curriculum
- recording literacy across the curriculum
- analysing moving image texts
- reciprocal reading strategies
- information literacy
- Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy
- links to additional resources.