This week, Education Scotland is inviting Creative Learning Networks, Creativity Portal Partners and colleagues to join us in an online discussion around creativity and learning.
This is an ideal opportunity to:
Gain experience and confidence in using Glow Meet and other Glow tools and technologies
- Engage in discussions and contribute to the ongoing national debate on creativity in learning
- Network with colleagues from Creative Learning Networks and national creative organisations, ‘face to face’
- Share creative learning experiences, practice and ideas with colleagues
- Leave a valuable resource behind for teachers and educators to reference when thinking about the role of creativity in their work
We’d love to hear from you – we’ll be online from 09.45 to 11.30 each day at:
Monday 12 Dec – Glow Meet Reminder
An opportunity to remind yourself how to use Glow Meet or try it out for the first time. Practice uploading powerpoints, sharing your desktop and collaborating with colleagues using the shared whiteboard. Bring your questions, share your experiences.
Tuesday 13 Dec – Creative Learning Networks Exchange
Find out how a number of Creative Learning Coordinators are developing Creative Learning Networks in their local authorities:
- Scottish Borders is using strategic approaches working across the local authority to develop its network
- Dumfries & Galloway will discuss how they are approaching creativity in outdoor learning
- Aberdeen will talk about engaging parents in their children’s creative learning through the Big Creative Picnic for families
Wednesday 14 Dec – Creative use of Technology for Learning
What is the difference between a blog and a wiki? How can you improve your Glow group? This is a chance to bring any questions you have about Glow and social media tools and also to get a few inspiring glimpses into emerging technologies. Find out more about the power of technology for learning and share ideas on how to use it creatively.
Thursday 15 Dec – Creative Learning Snapshots
Share a snapshot from your experiences of creative learning. Take just a couple of minutes to share a creative learning experience – it could be an example of something that worked really well, or something that didn’t; a significant moment, or a really great creative activity. Use images or videos, just talk, or get your fellow Glow Meeters going with a creative challenge. We’ll also have an open floor discussion – a chance to bring to the table any burning issues you’d like to discuss.
Friday 16 Dec – Glow Meet Creative Challenge!
Join us for a creative finale to the week. All you need is yourself, your webcam, plug in earphones/headphones and laptop. All will be revealed on the day – we’re fairly certain this hasn’t been attempted before!