Time: 9:30am – 3.00pm
Theme: International and citizenship education within Early Years
Woodacre Nursery invites practitioners to visit the school and find out about their dynamic international education programme gaining them full International Schools Award, Green Flag status and the ‘Trades House Citizenship Award’. The nursery school has been involved in Global Citizenship Education for the last 6 years embedding many initiatives related to this theme into their curriculum.
Key themes of the day will be a presentation on e-twinning programmes, the school’s transformative Comenius project involving 5 other European countries and the effective use of Glow to deepen international links.
The programme will also include:
- A live Glow meet with a nursery in Iceland
- A visit of the garden and recycling projects
- Latest information on international programmes by the British Council
- A presentation by the ‘Glasgow City Council Community Action Team’
- A presentation of partnership working with parents and local community groups as key drivers to advance the nursery’s eco schools programme.
Participants will also have an opportunity for professional dialogue and the exchange of ideas on the day.
Flyer and Programme: Woodacre Nursery Open day, 18 Nov 11
How to book
To book, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 0141 282 5172.
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment. This is a free event!
This is one of a series of open day events organised by Education Scotland’s Developing Global Citizenship Team. View the full programme of open day events here>>