Moffatt Academy, Dumfries and Galloway
10am to 3pm, Sciences Open Day – 28th May 2015.
We are pleased to announce that Moffatt Academy has kindly agreed to host our next sciences open day event. This professional learning event presents a valuable opportunity to learn about the approaches to sciences developed by the 3-18 all-through school at Moffatt Academy which have been identified through the inspection process as having ‘very good’ provision for its learners.
The event is aimed at Quality Improvement Officers, Science Development Officers, science coordinators, school leaders and primary and secondary practitioners responsibility for sciences as well as national agencies and partner organisations.
The event will provide delegates with an opportunity to hear about various aspects of work taking place across the sciences including:
• innovative practice in relation to primary/secondary transitions both in the all-through setting and also across the cluster
• cluster working groups to develop progressive programmes of study from 3-18
• use of engaging contexts for learning
• development of literacy skills within sciences.
There will be a further session delivered by the school to share their experiences of operating as an all-through school.
In addition, optional professional learning sessions will be run in the afternoon by Education Scotland staff on the following themes:
• Assessment in the sciences within primary and early learning and childcare settings (Louise Morton, Primary Science Development Officer)
• NQ support for sciences through GLOW (Grant McAllister, Secondary Science Development Officer)
To register for this event please use the following survey monkey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZJXJVCM
There is no cost to this event. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
For further information about the event please contact Joanne Walker: