This latest blog from Anthony Mann focuses on the European dimension of the link between education and employability. It identifies employer engagement in education as a key issues in tackling the skills gap.
Government priority objectives across European countries include:
- Tackling skills shortage/skills mismatch
- Improving youth skills relevant to dynamic labour market demand
- Harnessing community resources to improve attainment
- Putting coherent pathways in place for young people moving through educational and training provision
- Addressing inequalities in outcomes, promoting social mobility and challenging gender stereotyping.
For more information on this include OECD reports see visit the Education & Skills Today blog.
Also relevant in this context is Mann’s report key_issues_in_employer_engagement_in_education_anthony_mann‘ which specifically relates to the Scottish context. .