In an update to the post below, information is now available on the flu vaccine effectiveness in Scottish primary school age children for the 2015/16 season.
Please visit <http://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/news/newsdetail.aspx?id=21855>
The resources listed below make up the Flu Education Pack and are aimed at school staff supporting the National Flu Immunisation Programme. More specifically, below you can find electronic copies of:
· A teachers’ briefing note introducing the Education Pack, which includes a useful guide that can be used for planning the immunisation sessions at your school, as well as background detail on the flu programme.
· A number of suggested classroom-based activities about flu and immunisation, with clear links to Curriculum for Excellence.
· For information purposes only, samples of the invitation letter and leaflet which are sent to parents (please note these reference copies are for information purposes only).
· For information purposes only, a sample of the post-immunisation advice leaflet, which is provided to parents following their child’s immunisation (please note these reference copies are for information purposes only).
· The consent form guidance, a resource to help support parents to accurately complete the consent form (NEW for 2016).
· A staffroom poster, a resource to raise awareness of the Education Pack with teachers and staff in your school (NEW for 2016).
· Copies of posters for display in schools to increase awareness among parents and children about the flu immunisation programme.