The ‘Creative Pathways’ brochure developed by Dundee City provides anyone interested in working in the creative industries sector with all the information required to consider the wide variety of jobs that exist within it.
Dundee, and Scotland as a whole, have an exciting and ever growing cultural economy. To continue to build on our reputation as an innovative and entrepreneurial nation, it is important that our young people are equipped with the correct skills and knowledge to thrive and succeed, in order to grow and sustain Scotland’s economic future.
The aims of the Creative Pathways brochure are to:
• Highlight career pathways within the city and the importance of the role that creative industries will have in Dundee’s future.
• Provide an insight into specific career roles.
• Assist pupils with subject choices, sign-posting them in a creative direction.
• Increase teachers’ knowledge of the creative employment opportunities available for their pupils.
• Highlight what ‘creativity skills’ are.
• Raise awareness of the skills employers are looking for.
• Encourage creative people to remain in the city.
This resource has been informed by national strategies such as: Developing the Young Workforce Scotland’s Youth Employment Strategy, A Time to Shine: Scotland’s Youth Arts Strategy, A Curriculum for Excellence and Scotland’s Creative Learning Plan.
As the creative sector in our city continues to expand many new opportunities will emerge for young people to follow a creative pathway.
You can access the brochure here: Creative Pathway Finder