The National Parent Forum Scotland has released a number of key documents to inform parents about the latest developments around career education, advice and guidance and the implications this has for their children. The series includes following publications:
- Career Education: A World of Possibilities: This publication provides a helpful introduction to the programme of career education introduced in the 2015/16 school year.
- Learning pathways in the senior phase and beyond: The information flyer outlines the diverse pathways available to learners from S4 onwards.
- Senior Phase in a Nutshell: This Nutshell explains the senior phase of CfE.
- Skills in a Nutshell: This leaflet outlines the nature and importance of developing skills for learning, life and work.
- Creativity, Enterprise and Employability: This guide will tell
you about creativity and what it means in terms of career pathways for learners.
- Career Conversations: This guide provides hints and tips on how to have a constrictive career conversation with children and young people.
- Apprenticeships in a Nutshell: This flyer tells you all you need to know about this career pathway including information on Foundation Apprenticeships.
- Wider Achievement in a Nutshell: This outlines what ‘wider’ or ‘personal achievements’ means and what falls under this concept form an educational perspective.
- There are also a number of sector specific and career related Nutshell guides such as:
More publications in this series can be accessed within the download section of the National Parent Forum Scotland website