As current circumstances are unfolding we cannot be certain what the impact will be on the employability prospects of young people from here on in. However what is already becoming clear is the seismic impact of this current pandemic on the global, national and regional economy. This will undoubtedly refocus the attention on the importance of preparing young people for the entering the labour market, the skills they will require and the steps they need to take to successfully develop their career pathways. This has always been at the core of the DYW programme and we are well placed to build on the structures around career education now in place to re-energise action in this area.
We have therefore put together the following initial offer of key professional online support:
- End of the Day Blethers: We have set up a wide variety of themed session in support of teachers’ and practitioners’ implementation of DYW. The Blethers provide the opportunity to ‘get together’ in order to share experiences, exchange information and discuss challenges.
- A quick start guide to DYW: to help you get to the core issues this section includes the key essential around DYW such as main documents, key links to latest information and updates.
- Professional learning and reflection: Here you find a selection of essential tools and learning modules for professional CPD collated in one area.
- Key online resources: This section contains ideas, resources and exemplars which have been collated under key themes to plan and develop DYW across learning.
- Career, Information, Advice and Guidance – My World of Work: This is Skills Development Scotland’s online support hub for teachers and practitioners as well as learners . It contains classroom resources, Labour Market Information, guidance on Meta – and Career Management Skills amongst a range of other interactive and engaging resources
- National Improvement Hub – DYW Summary Page: This website page contains all our resources, tools, exemplification etc. in one place. .
For more information on the above please follow the links.
If you have any specific questions please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at: EDSDES@educationscotland.gov.scot