What is Founders 4 Schools:
- A free online platform to help you find people from the world of work willing to engage with your school and share their knowledge with your pupils.
- Our system filters speakers to ensure they meet the needs of your school.
- Communications with speakers are undertaken through a secure online platform that saves you time and helps to ensure the highest quality speakers.
- We also automate support communications on logistics and administration to further lighten the load.
How it helps teachers:
- Makes it easy to link school students with people from the world of work.
- Industry links that help support specific curricular developments such as STEM, Maths, Modern Languages and the Developing the Young Workforce agenda as a whole.
- As a CPD opportunity using our Teacher Insight Event type.
- Find speakers for “world of work” days.
- By supporting careers and employment related PSE programmes through free resources and lesson plans.
- Prepare for Inspection by providing access to high quality, research informed resources and practice.
- Impact positively on Post 16 destinations.
Benefits for pupils:
- Awareness of the world of work
- Inspirational encounters
- Employability experiences that support UCAS applications (particularly in key areas such as STEM).
- A good knowledge of local employment opportunities.
- Preparation for the transition to employment.
What to expect:
- Research the encounter types available in Scotland, all of which have full curricular mapping available to download, by looking at our Educator page.
- Book an event for the young people at your school! Just type in the postcode of your school to get started and connect with local business leaders.
- Once the event has been submitted you can login to your account and get live updates on your events using your Teacher Dashboard.
- You can use your Teacher Dashboard to email business volunteers as well. Starting a conversation with them is crucial to building up a relationship, and ensuring a successful event.
- Don’t forget to look at your Event Page! Links to this will be available in your dashboard and are a really useful to share information about your event on social media, and also just very useful to print off and leave with the school office for the day of the event itself.
- You can always check out our Educator’s Tips page for further advice.
- Take a look at our website and explore the opportunities available for you and the young people you teach.
- If you have any queries we’d love to hear from you. email@example.com