Our latest briefing on Gaelic Education is now available and features:
- Details of the seminar for Gaelic Education at the Scottish Learning Festival on Wednesday 19 September, 09.30-10.15. This year’s seminar is designed to support strategic planning for the expansion of ELC 1140 hours, with some advice on the GME senior phase.
- A practice exemplar and challenge questions to support the development of the secondary GME curriculum.
- Support for social studies in the GME curriculum: Please log in to Glow and on to the Social Studies Network (#socialstudies) to find Gaelic versions of resources for Gallipoli and World War 1. A grant of £250 is available to support learning on the First World War. This is also an opportunity to enhance intergenerational links and technology skills within the curriculum.
- Details of the professional learning that Education Scotland is delivering at An t-Alltan in September. These focus on: leadership in GME, effective early learning and childcare (ELC) in GME and the National Standardised Assessments for GME.
- A new resource, through the medium of Gaelic, for self-evaluation The Gaelic version of How good is OUR school? Part 1 and Part 2 is now available on the National Improvement Hub.