Working with Scotland’s Communities Study – survey now live
Please help us to find out more about the community learning and development workforce
Education Scotland and the CLD Standards Council for Scotland have commissioned Rocket Science Ltd to conduct a new research study on the current size and make-up of the community learning and development workforce across all sectors. It will build on the first Working with Scotland’s Communities study in 2015 which gathered information from over 300 organisations across Scotland. Our aim is to provide up to date CLD workforce data that will be of use at a local, regional and national level.
This online survey is the first part of the study. It will be live from now until early August. This will be followed by some qualitative research later in the year.
We are keen to hear from as many CLD practitioners, volunteers, employer organisations and other stakeholders in the public and third sectors as possible. Can you please help us to make that happen by:
- Sharing the survey link with your own colleagues and networks
- Completing the online survey yourself as a practitioner or volunteer
- Ensuring that an appropriate person from your organisation or service responds to the employer survey.
New research study commissioned on the Community Learning and Development Workforce
Education Scotland and the CLD Standards Council for Scotland have commissioned a new research study on the current size and make-up of the community learning and development workforce across all sectors and made a commitment to continue to update information on the CLD workforce on a regular basis.
The research will be carried out by Rocket Science and is intended to find out more about:
- Who is working and volunteering in CLD-related roles in 2018
- Where are they; what do they do; and what challenges do they face
- What is the demand for practitioners with CLD skills and are there enough practitioners to meet that demand
We want as a wide a range of practitioners and organisations to participate – and we know that you don’t have to have ‘CLD’ in your job title or in the name of your organisation to be doing great CLD work – so please look out for more details over the coming weeks.