2 – 5 July 2018, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
This national leadership programme is now open for registration. It is hosted by SCILT and Education Scotland. The programme is aimed at those who have, or aspire to have, a responsibility for leading languages and developing colleagues’ capacity to deliver the 1+2 approach to languages in their context. The programme is free of charge for educators in the public sector and begins with a summer school.
The programme themes include:
- 1+2 languages: the national picture and the position of languages within the National Improvement Framework and the Scottish Attainment Challenge
- Strategic leadership in languages: planning and evaluation
- Progression in language learning
- Parental and wider engagement in language learning
- Raising attainment: practical ways to develop literacy skills across languages
- L3 – existing models, diversity of languages
- Inclusive practice in languages