This exemplar outlines a 8 week programme that helps learners in S2 to gain valuable experiences, skills and qualifications in relation to the world of work. Delivered in partnership with a number or organisations this PSHE course component provides learner with the opportunities to develop a wide variety of employability and career management skills as well as key attributes and dispositions to better prepare them for the world of work.
This is one component of a wider whole school strategy on career education that aims to inspire and prepare learners for future pathways and the world of work.
The following will outline the programme in more detail:
- Interesting practice in Skills DYW – Castlebrae CHS _ Junior Adventure Leader
- JAL DYW
- Film clip: Junior Adventure Leader
The following documents provide materials in support of the delivery of an SQA employability award :
- CCHS Pupil Booklet (00000002)with footers
- 1617 unit 1 powerpoint CCHS
- 1617 unit 2 powerpoint CCHS
- 1516 unit 3 powerpoint CCHS