The Scottish Education Awards recognise schools and centres that have developed a vibrant and progressive culture and climate of continuous innovation.
The culture and ethos should promote respect, ambition and achievement while improving outcomes for all learners in ways which eliminate inequity.
Nominations should include practical activities and projects that the school or centre has undertaken, detailing the impact these strategies have had on pupils, staff, parents and the community.
- How is your school ensuring all young people have the opportunities to develop skills for learning, life and work?
- How are these skills being developed across all curriculum areas within the school, in interdisciplinary studies and in all other contexts and settings where young people are learning?
- How is your school ensuring young people, are aware of, and understand, the value of skills for learning, life and work that they are developing?
- How is your school ensuring parents are aware of, and understand, the value of skills for learning, life and work skills that they are developing?
- How is your school developing quality partnerships with employers?
What are the outcomes of these approaches in terms of impact on:
- children and young people
- the whole school community
- the wider community
Nominations close at 12 noon on Monday 15 February 2016
Nominate an early learning centre/ primary school here.
Secondary school nominations here please.