SLF is the key education event in Scotland welcoming thousands of educational professionals. SLF 2015 takes place on Wednesday 23 and Thursday 24 September in the SECC, Glasgow.
The theme of this year’s event focuses on raising achievement and attainment for all by maximising educational outcomes through:
• Local partnerships and collaboration – to share approaches that lead to better outcomes
• Self-evaluation – to ensure creative and innovative approaches to sustained improvement
• Work-related learning – to improve transitions into sustainable productive employment
SLF 2015 is free for everyone to attend and gives you access to:
• Inspirational keynotes from Angela Constance MSP, Prof Mel Ainscow, Dr Bill Maxwell and Chris van der Kuyl
• Over 100 professional development seminars where you can engage in activities and learn from practitioners and young people
• Lively debate at the professional focussing on How good is our school?, Closing the gap and Developing the Young Workforce
• Scotland’s largest education exhibition with over 100 exhibitors showcasing educational resources
• Opportunities for discussion and professional networking with peers and colleagues from across Scotland
New for 2015
A number of new features have been added to the SLF line-up, to celebrate the Year of Food and Drink the exhibition will feature a Food for Thought Showcase where schools from across Scotland will demonstrate how they have developed and improved learning and teaching around food education. The Healthier Scotland Cooking Bus will also be at SLF to provide cooking demonstrations.
Another exciting new feature in the exhibition will the Developing the Young Workforce showcase where partner organisations, employers, training providers and others will bring Developing the Young Workforce to life.
To guarantee your place at SLF 2015 and your choice of seminars book now, as many sessions do fill up before the summer break. Visit the SLF website to browse the full conference programme and book your place today.