Personal audit & transferable skills

Skills And Abilities One Two Three
Work Under Pressure                     ***
Team Work                     ***
Take Notes                       **
Organise and Plan                       **
Contribute to Discussions                       **
Share Opinions Well                        *
 Be Creative                       **
Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How I will use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Working Under Pressure Working under pressure will be important whilst on placement. I will also have to work under pressure to ensure all assignments are completed on time and up to an appropriate standard that I am happy with. I will know that I have been able to work under pressure if I am able to stay on top of my work load and have assignments etc. handed in on time and to a good standard.
 Team Working I will have to work as a team member throughout this course and in my future career. This is due to team working exercises whilst at university but also working together with other colleagues either on placement or in the workplace. I will know I have been a good team worker if I am able to work within groups of different individuals and complete the work given to a high standard.
Recognition Reflection Action
Skills to be developed How I will develop these How do I know (evidence) **
Note Taking To develop on my note taking skills, I will try different methods until i find one that I feel comfortable with. I have tried short hand notes however I feel this is not the best for me. Currently, I feel that rewriting notes numerous times using different colours and highlighters could possibly be the best method for learning when it comes to note taking for me.
Organisational and Planning Skills I feel that I am already organised however, with all the upcoming assessments and then also placement I feel that I have to organise myself in a more appropriate manner and make sure that I am always ready and know when and what I should be doing to keep up to date with tasks and also everyday life.  Through the use of diarys and also setting aside time to allow myself to get tasks and reading done, I feel that this will allow me to continue working on my already developed organisational skills.
 Contributing to Discussions Due to anxiety, I have been known to feel very nervous and reluctant to sometimes express my opinions within discussions with people I may not be familiar with. I have got a lot better at this through different strategies that I have learned from counselling sessions. I feel that I am slowly but surely over coming my fears of people reacting negatively to my opinions and that with more opportunities for discussion that I will only become more confident. The only way that I will fully overcome this however, is if I put myself into situations where I have to contribute my ideas and views on certain issues. I feel that university will help me with this greatly.
Sharing Opinions  I am definitely becoming more confident in sharing my opinions. I would never have thought this time last year I would be at university with a range of different people that I can share my different views and opinions with. Due to this I feel very confident in knowing that I will only get better at sharing my ideas and values over time here at university. I will do this by involving myself in conversations and activates where I can share my opinions but also listen to other peoples.

UNIT 1 – B

Recognition/ Reflection Action
What helps my learning? How can I utilise this?
  • Working within a group
  • Set up a study group of like-minded peers who have similar learning techniques as me.
  • Listening to Music
  • Listening to music allows me to feel calm which then means I will feel more comfortable to work
  • To do this, I will make sure that I use a specific playlist that allows me to get the best out of the music I am listening to.
  • Being Organised
  • Being organised makes me feel more calm and relaxed when it comes to studying.
  • To help me, I will make sure that I have up to date diary’s and ‘to-do lists’ that I can refer to so that I can stay on top of all my tasks.
  • I will also make sure that all my files and notes are organised in an appropriate way that I can refer back to them for the future.
  • Having plenty of water and healthy snacks
  • By keeping hydrated and fed I feel that this will allow me to keep studying without getting distracted due to hunger or thirst.
  • Having regular short breaks
  • By having regular breaks, I will allow myself to stay focused and energised.
What hinders my learning? How can I address this factor?
  • Procrastinating
  • Write a detailed plan/to-do list on which I will try my hardest to stick to so that I will stay on task.
  • Working in a group and going off task
  • Having an agreed view before we start group work/discussion that whilst we are working together we have to focus on the work until we are done.
  • Having my phone sitting next to me and allowing it to distract me
  • Not bringing my phone with me to studying is unpractical so I will make sure that it is on silent or aeroplane mode and in my bag so that it does not tempt me to become distracted.
  • Not getting enough sleep
  • I need to make sure that I am going to bed at an appropriate time and having enough sleep so that I am refreshed and energised for the following day.
  • Using my laptop for research and switching to social media sites
  • I need to make sure that I am not tempted by social media whilst working or researching. I feel that if I set myself certain tasks and a time to finish the task by then I can have a look at social media before I start on my next task.