Emma Robertson

Observation on Videos

My partner and I had very similar notes while watching the videos and check list. We both pointed out were the student teacher went wrong while using both verbal and non verbal communication behaviours and when his interaction with the pupils lacked.  The videos surprised me as I did not realise that teachers sometimes use body language that comes across as if they are not interested or angry. Also through the student teachers verbal communication he often used a monotone voice when he was talking about a lesson and the way in which he spoke to the children. I found the tasks relatively easy. While watching the videos I realised the importance of feedback because receiving feedback will give you a self esteem boost. Feedback also allows you to learn what to improve, also what went well during your time in placement or a lesson that you have taught. The idea I will take to placement will be to take feedback through observation as a positive point as it will show areas that do not need to be changed but also areas that may need to improve but does not need to be disheartening.

I feel nervous but very excited for placement on the 30th of October as I will have a chance to work within a school environment not just as a visitor or practitioner but as a student teacher. I am looking forward to observe the teachers techniques through teaching and my peers techniques while working with a group. Then I will be able to take that on as I go through my four years of university.

Avatar photo

Author: Emma Robertson

Hello my Name is Emma, I am 19 years old.