Integrated Arts in Education – Week 2

The focus of today’s session was exploring different ways to create artwork and exploring the Charanga music online tool.

Firstly, during our visual arts workshop, we created our own paintbrush using various materials. I created my paintbrush using wool, string and, part of a broomstick. Once we had all created our paintbrushes, Diarmuid then described a landscape to us and we had to remember this and paint it using our own paintbrush that we created. To create the landscape, we were only given red, blue and yellow paint. Therefore, allowing us to be creative to try and create greens, greys and, browns to more our landscape more realistic. This workshop was very interesting and engaging for me. I would definitely use this in my future practice as it allows learners to be very creative and their work turns out to be individual to them and unique. An experience and outcome that relates to this activity is as follows:

• I have the freedom to discover and choose ways to create images and objects using a variety of materials.     EXA 0-02a

In today’s music session, we explored the online music site Charanga. Through Charanga, we continued on from the previous week by learning about rhythm and beats. To do so, the song “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi was played and we clapped to the tune. Continuing on from this, we then got a glockenspiel and played along with the rhythm that Julie was playing on the piano.

To conclude, both sessions were highly beneficial to me and I enjoyed them both. They have both given me great ideas to take into my practice.

Education Scotland  (2018) Experiences and Outcomes Available from: https://education.gov.scot/Documents/expressive-arts-eo.pdf [Accessed: 22 October 2018].