Teachers, Librarians and other Education Professionals are invited to join us for the launch of the Edinburgh International Book Festival Baillie Gifford Schools Programme 2017 at 4.30pm on Thursday 20 April at The Edinburgh Academy, Henderson Row
This is a unique opportunity to get an insight into our schools events before tickets go on sale on Thursday 27 April.
What you can expect:
- Arrive at 4.30pm to peruse our schools programme over a glass of wine before presentations start at 5pm.
- Get an insight into our programme as Janet Smyth, our Children & Education Programme Director, highlights some of our fantastic events and strands.
- Get a flavour of what a Book Festival schools event involves as author-illustrator Kasia Matyjaszek and illustrator Tom Morgan-Jones lead interactive live-drawing activities.
- Discover our brand new online Learning site where you will find event recordings, activities and resources, along with more information on the Schools Programme.
- Visit our book stall and choose from a selection of FREE books to take back to your school with you.
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions about our programme or your visit to the Festival and to talk informally over a glass of wine and some nibbles.
Spaces are limited so please reserve your space by Friday 7 April on Eventbrite, and feel free to pass this invitation onto any interested colleagues.
To sign up for our Education & Schools ebulletins, or to receive a hard copy of the schools brochure please see our website.
We look forward to seeing you there!