25th May 2022, 16:00 – 17:00 Digital Futures Series Session 5 : Big Data
This session, jointly presented by Education Scotland and Tablet Academy Scotland, aims to familiarise participants with Microsoft’s Explore the Big Data resources which can support support your developing skills in skills and knowledge required for careers in this growth industry. This five part professional learning series will take you through the complete Explore the Digital Future programme, providing practitioners with a clear understanding of the content and how it relates to research and our curriculum in Scotland.
Run jointly by Education Scotland and Tablet Academy Scotland, this session will include:
Coverage of the Internet of Things resources as part of Microsoft’s Digital Futures programme. The webinar will take place in three sections which will;
- explore resources,
- provide a live demonstration of how the programme section can be used, and
- demonstrate how the programme links to research with guest speakers from Microsoft and/or industry.
This webinar aims to:
- develop educators confident use of Microsoft’s Explore the Digital Future programme,
- allow practitioners to explore resources which may support young people understand the difference between big data and traditional data, explore the ethical questions around collecting and processing big data, and
- highlight further professional learning and materials which support the delivery of high quality learning experiences.
Participants are encouraged to attend a minimum of four of the five sessions in order to be issued with a certificate of completion.