11th May 2022, 16:00 – 17:00 Digital Futures Series Session 3 : Internet of Things
This session, jointly presented by Education Scotland and Tablet Academy Scotland, aims to familiarise participants with Microsoft’s Explore the Digital Future Internet of Things (IoT) resources which can support support your developing skills in skills and knowledge required for careers in digital industry. This five part professional learning series will take you through the complete Explore the Digital Future programme, providing practitioners with a clear understanding of the content and how it relates to research and our curriculum in Scotland.
Run jointly by Education Scotland and Tablet Academy Scotland, this session will include:
Coverage of the Internet of Things resources as part of Microsoft’s Digital Futures programme. The webinar will take place in three sections which will;
- explore resources,
- provide a live demonstration of how the programme section can be used, and
- demonstrate how the programme links to research with guest speakers from Microsoft and/or industry.
This webinar aims to:
- develop educators confident use of Microsoft’s Explore the Digital Future programme,
- allow practitioners to explore resources which may support young people in creative problem solving and considering how the IoT can improve issues in their area,
- highlight further professional learning and materials which support the delivery of high quality learning experiences.
Participants are encouraged to attend a minimum of four of the five sessions in order to be issued with a certificate of completion.