17th August 2021, 16:15 – 17:15 Return To School Series: Intro to Google Workspace for Education in Glow
This introductory session aims to familiarise participants with Google Workspace for Education tools available within Glow. The webinar will demonstrate how these tools can be used for learning and teaching and may be of particular interest to those practitioners who are new to using Google applications, returning to teaching or newly qualified practitioners.
The content of our session will include:
- Glow Launchpad – personalise your Launchpad including how access resources available locally and nationally.
- Calendar – support collaboration, identify key features including changing meeting settings, and create calendars to share resources.
- Google Drive – a one stop shop to tools which can create, collaborate, and store resources.
- Accessibility Features – reviewing some of the tools to support and benefit all Google Workspace for Education users, focusing on Docs.
- Jamboard – this interactive tool can be used to support pedagogy across the curriculum and is suitable for use by all.
- Keep – an online pocket to keep things handy when planning.
This webinar aims to:
- enable participants to gain awareness of key Google Workspace for Education tools within Glow;
- allow practitioners to explore how these tools can support learning, teaching and collaboration with learners or colleagues; and
- highlight further professional learning and materials which support the delivery of high quality learning experiences through Glow and its Google for Workspace tools.
Please be aware these sessions are for practitioners across Scotland who have a Glow account. Some products may not be available in your Local Authority, please check in advance.
Please note, a practitioner Glow login is required to join in the webinar.
This session will be repeated on the the 10th August 2021.