You will require a glow login for this webinar.
This webinar will explore how the National e-Learning Offer can be used to support learning, both remotely and during recovery in school.
The National e-Learning Offer brings together the live learning option from e-Sgoil, recorded content led by West partnership and supported materials identified by teacher networks and organised by Education Scotland
This webinar will include input from practitioners sharing good practice on how they are currently utilising the recorded resources to support remote learning, and will showcase West OS, an online library of quality assured, recorded lessons created by teachers in Scotland.
These recorded lessons can be prescribed by teachers to complement the learning experiences they are currently planning for learners working remotely. Links to individual videos can be shared with learners to direct them to specific content related to their current work or to support revision. Young people also have access to West OS to support their independent learning and revision.
West OS has been created by teachers, and content is continually being uploaded as this platform evolves.
A summary of some of the content currently available on West OS includes:
• Lessons in BGE Literacy and Numeracy
• Full N5 and Higher Maths Courses
• Full N5 Biology Course
• Units available in: Higher Physics, Higher Modern Studies, Advanced Higher English, Higher English, N5 History, N5 Geography, Higher and N5 HFT.
• Material also available in many other courses including: Higher Admin & IT, N4,N5 and Higher Art&Design.
• Recorded practical experiments are also available in N5 and Higher Chemistry, and Advanced Higher Biology.
Currently available via the West OS powered by ClickView app which is accessible via Glow (access is available to those local authorities who have signed up for this service) and aims to ensure that all children and young people are able to access high quality learning experiences regardless of circumstances.