Chloe Pratt UWS ITE ePDP

Communication in other Environments Workshop

Group and Leadership

Our workshop was based on a den building challenge where we had to work as a team to create a suitable den with a roof and three sides. Everyone in my group worked as a team to collect resources and to put our ideas together to create this den, therefore I don’t feel that our group had a leader as everyone played their own role. The most challenging part about working in this group was some ideas weren’t conveyed very clearly therefore it left some people unaware of what was going on.

Explaining

When we joined up with another group to explain to each other about how we created our dens, I feel the group explained their process to us very clearly therefore I was able to understand how they found their ideas. The had two main spokespeople therefore this made it more clear as not everyone was jumping in the conversation.

Environment

Being in an outdoor environment made it slightly more difficult to communicate within the group. This is because we had to speak louder than what we would indoors and also using different resources than what we would normally use. The wind was slightly distracting therefore I had to pay close attention when trying to listen to someone speaking. I also had to speak more clearly in order for my peers to fully understand what I was saying.

Negotiation

We were not successful in our negotiation task as it was a very difficult task. We had to convince someone from another team to join our team. This was difficult because no one was willing to give up their hard work in their own group. We tried different bribing tecniques such as ” we’ll give your group this pole if we can have you in return”. Our materials didn’t excite anyone therefore we didn’t succeed.