RME, what is it all about?

When reflecting upon my previous understanding of RME it became clear to me that my knowledge didn’t really stretch past stories of jesus , easter or christmas ! In primary school that is all i remember  touching on, maybe an odd visit from the minister or a trip down to the local church.

High school didn’t really touch upon much either , i guess from there i only really remember touching on euthanasia.

So from these past few inputs it has finally became clear to me from seeing and touching many different religious artefacts that there is more to RME than jesus.  They have helped me understand other religions on a much wider scale and helped to provoke different discussions and feelings from each individual in the room.

From seeing the way artefacts can bring value to a lesson i feel teaching RME like this to children in my future classes will benefit them in many ways to form a stronger knowledge and become more engaged and open minded about religions.

During our Tdt time, me and a couple of other girls looked at Hinduism and some of the clothes woman and men in this religion wear , one of the girls then found out how Hindu woman apply their Sari and i wore it.  I think allowing children to take part in activities like this will definitely help widen their religious understanding.