Micro-teaching Continued – 29/11/16

20c7c31657cf66c48fa455aeea78877e

In today’s input, we revisited the task of teaching a 20-minute drama lesson to the class in groups as there were still some groups who has to carry out the task. the book my group choose to focus our lesson around was “Little Red Riding Hood”. Throughout the other micro-teaching lessons, there was a wide variety of texts which had been used. This reinforced the vast possibilities there are in terms of teaching drama within a classroom setting.

My group covered a variety of drama techniques which included role on the wall, thought-tunnel and freeze frame. All of these techniques can be used in any drama lesson in schools across Scotland. After reflecting on this task, I found it extremely nerve-racking, to begin with as we were delivering this lesson to our peers instead of children. My peers were reluctant at first to fully engage with the lesson but after the first task, they begin to get more involved. As future teachers, this is something we will face in relation to drama as a whole. We must encourage the children to fully engage with a drama lesson for them to get the most out of it and fully understand the key outcome of the lesson. The micro-teaching task was beneficial as it identified any potential barriers that a teacher might face when teaching drama within the classroom.