Future Me!

Primary 7 have recently completed artwork and writing on the topic ‘Future Me’.

Budding Artists

At the start of term, we began by sketching to create half of a self portrait. We have slowly improved on our observation skills throughout the making. We used mirrors to observe every detail from above our shoulders and have focused on key parts of our faces to make it as realistic as possible.

Looking carefully
Looking carefully
Observation
Observation

The other half of the face was much trickier! We had to imagine what we might look like in the future, in the year 2035.  The illustrations also included some ideas of what we want to be like in the future. For example, I drew some sports equipment as I would like to be either a PE teacher or an Active Schools Coordinator and Conor drew some dinosaur bones as his dream career is  in Palaeontology.  The finished designs are really brilliant! Some of the class look quite different in their projections of themselves in 20 years! Each one gives a really good insight into their future hopes and dreams.

Dear Future Self
During our writing lesson, we wrote an inspirational letter to our future selves so that in twenty years we can look back at them to see what goals we have achieved. First, we brainstormed ideas and advice we would like to add to our letter to make sure it was filled with information, advice and questions. It is a lot more complicated than a regular piece of writing as addressing yourself in the future is tricky! Everyone’s letter included; advice to themselves, their future career expectations and any goals or hopes and dreams they wanted to fulfil.

We have created a display of our observational drawings and letters so that any visitors to our classroom can see the finished product!We thought of some qualities and skills we wanted our future self to have and arranged these words around our hard work. On Monday, we had some International delegates visit the school and they had some positive feedback to give about our work.

Our display
Our display

All together, everyone enjoyed the task – especially drawing the portraits! We hope everyone keeps their letters safe so we can look back in 20 years and see how far we have come!

Orla and Conor, P7

To be opened: 2015
To be opened: 2015

10 thoughts on “Future Me!”

1. Well done Orla and Conor, I really enjoyed reading your blog post! It has been very interesting learning about each of your future hopes and dreams! Let’s hope those envelopes are kept safe for the next 20 years!

2. I loved drawing my future self portrait. It was a very unusual task that required a lot of creativity to think up and draw the other side of our face that was supposed to be us in 20 years. Everyones turned out amazing and it really got us thinking. My favourite part was drawing what I thought I’d look like in 20 years time. The letter was also very inspiaring. Now I can’t wait to open my letter in the future!!! 🙂

3. I thoroughly enjoyed drawing my ‘Future Me ‘ portrait as it was fun trying to imagine what I’d look like in 20 years time! It also let my creativity flow! What I admire about your blog post is that you’ve used exciting words and phrases! Keep up the good work!

4. I loved drawing the future me picture and piece of writing as it needed a great deal of imagination and creativity. Great post Orla and Conor, keep up the good work!

5. Hi Orla and Conor,
    What a great job you have done in explaining a complex project.
    The wall display looks wonderful too.

I wonder if you will be able to look back in twenty years and see what you thought about. Maybe you will be able to read this post and see the pictures!

Happy Blogging!