I am currently in my second year at the University of Dundee studying Education. I consider myself to be a bubbly person and believe I have the social skills and attributes needed to succeed within the workplace. I am very hardworking and thrive in everything I do. I find it easy to talk to and get along with people. I am keen to develop new skills and build upon those I already have. I consider myself to be a people person and believe this is something which I can bring to my work. I am also both approachable and friendly and understand the importance of customer service. I am a very positive person and I am always keen to learn from the people around me.
- Head girl at Queen Anne High School (2015/16) – I represented my year as well as led various committees throughout the school including Prom and yearbook.
- Head chorister at Dunfermline Abbey – I was given a medal for my dedication and commitment to the choir and was responsible for helping the younger members as well as leading the choir into the church each Sunday.
- Working in retail has allowed me to further develop my teamwork skills. Having worked in Next, Wallis and Farmfoods I understand the importance of working together and helping colleagues.
- I have enjoyed the teamwork aspect of university. Various modules have required group assignments and presentations. This has allowed me to build upon my teamwork skills.
- Being a student primary teacher has taught me the importance of organisation. I have had to plan class and group lessons as well as full teaching days. Organisation and management is a key factor in being a successful teacher therefore it is important to always be prepared.
- I am always organised and have very good time-keeping skills. No matter if it is work or socially related I am always on time and organised. I don’t let people down.
- I find it easy to converse with anyone whether it be teachers, friends or colleagues.
- I am a good listener in both my personal and professional life. This is essential in order to provide excellent customer service.
2016 – 2020 University of Dundee MA(hons) Primary Education On-going
2010-2016 Queen Anne High School, Dunfermline
2016 Higher: History (A), RMPS (A), Music Technology (A)
2015 Higher: English (B), Maths (B), French (B), Chemistry (C)
2014 National 5: English (A), Music (A), Geography (A), Maths (B), French (B), Modern studies (B), Chemistry (C), Biology (C)
Retail Assistant July 2017 (Temporary Sales Assistant)
I worked in Next for the Summer sale. My role included customer service, stock room work and various jobs on the shop floor. I picked up any overtime shifts that were available over the three weeks of the sale.
1, 119 High St,
Retail Assistant August 2015 – September 2016
In this role I served customers, worked on the tills and stocked the shelves. Throughout my time here I learned the importance of providing excellent customer service and how to deal with the public.
Carnegie Drive Retail Park,
Carnegie Dr, Dunfermline
Reference – Ian Ramage (manager)
Contact tel: 01383 623571
Wallis Sales Assistant December 2016 – May 2017
In this role, I had to ensure excellent customer service was provided at all times. I had to talk to customers and use my sales skills to keep up with daily and weekly targets for the store. I was responsible for getting email addresses as well which allowed customers to subscribe to the brand further promoting the store and merchandise.
Overgate Shopping Centre,
Waitress June 2015 – August 2015
In this role, I was a waitress serving both food and drinks in a fast-paced restaurant setting. I had to ensure that I provided excellent customer service as well whilst keeping up with the pace of the restaurant.
Student teacher (First year teaching placement primary 5/6)
As part of my university degree I had a six-week placement block where I taught in a primary school setting. I taught various lessons as well as having full responsibility for the class for three days.
Interests and hobbies
Dance: Dancing is a sport I have always been involved in and loved from a very young age. I am currently part of the university dance club and I am on the Advanced tap competition team for this year.
Theatre: Theatre is something I have also been involved in. Whilst at school I was a member of my local youth theatre. I performed in four productions during my time there as part of the chorus and dancers.
Ian Ramage (manager) Lorraine Fraser (choir leader)
Farmfoods ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org
Carnegie Drive Retail Park, 07714765880
Carnegie Dr, Dunfermline