Thoughts on Induction

I have thoroughly enjoyed induction week and my first week of classes at UWS.

Throughout induction week, the university not only armed students with an abundance of freebies but also ensured that we knew both what was expected of us and what we could expect from the course. At the end of induction week, we met our Mentoring Family which is made up of students from BA2 through to BA4. This gave BA1 students an idea of the experiences we would have over the next four years and was the perfect opportunity to ask any last-minute questions before classes began on Monday.

The lectures and workshops that I attended in the first week of classes were all very helpful and gave me a good insight into the things I could expect from each of the modules in terms of both classes and assessments. The introductory workshops for the Situated Communication module in particular were extremely useful in easing students into university life. One workshop introduced us to Moodle, an online tool that we will be using throughout the course while another, aptly named ‘Getting to Know You’, gave us a chance to chat to and get to know more people in our course.

Overall, my first two weeks of university have been fantastic! Everyone from tutors to students have been extremely welcoming and friendly and have passed on a wealth of information which has eased any pre-university woes.

One Reply to “Thoughts on Induction”

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.