B. Managing My Learning

Activity 1

Complete the table below to identify and reflect on those factors and plan actions for each.

Recognition/ Reflection Action
What helps my learning? How can I utilise this?
Discussing ideas Meeting up with others to share ideas or having a study group.
Making notes Making notes during lectures to make sure I have all the important information and reading over the notes later to make sure I understand it.
Planning ahead and being organised. I set targets for my work to make sure I am on top of my work to ensure I don’t get stressed closer to deadlines, especially with assignments.
Studying alone I think I work better when doing assignments alone in my room as this allows me to stay focused on the task and not be distracted by anyone or anything.

Recognition/Reflection Action
What hinders my learning? How can I address this factor?
Spending time on social media ·       Stay away from my phone when studying or working on assignments.

·       Avoid going on social media on my laptop unless absolutely necessary

People talking around me. To study or work on assignments alone in my room to stay way from any distractions.

Activity 2

I have a diary of all the assignments, placements and modules I have throughout the year to ensure that I can stay on top of my work load and not be stressed when it comes to the due dates of my assignments. This allows me to plan ahead to have time for reading, researching and writing assignments.