Den Building

Group and Leadership My team and I decided not to allocate one group leader. Instead we decided to discuss and play to our strengths. Everyone within the team had the same end goal which was to successfully build the den, therefore everyone took part equally and no one was excluded. The only improvement that could … Continue reading Den Building

Group and Leadership

My team and I decided not to allocate one group leader. Instead we decided to discuss and play to our strengths. Everyone within the team had the same end goal which was to successfully build the den, therefore everyone took part equally and no one was excluded. The only improvement that could of been made was to plan out the man made materials we needed before hand in order to have more of a plan.

Explaining

The group successfully and effectively explain what role each individual had within their team.  They also went on to explain the choices for their den and highlighted different yet unique features of their den which made it stand out. After a discussion my group provided feedback about key aspects that we really liked about the den and asked open questions into other areas.

Environment

My team and I started off well by having a discussion about any prior experience and our strengths that would help us complete the task and from there we allocated responsibilities and jobs instead of roles. As a team we made sure everyone had their say and everyone was happy with all the decisions being made before moving forward.  We worked well together by offering help and ideas as well as providing positive feedback and encouragement to whatever group member was working at that time.  In terms of our communication, the main difference was a slight increase in volume as we were sometimes a fair distance away from one another, but we made sure we were not raising our voices too much.  As a group we enjoyed the task, there was a competitive yet fun atmosphere and a really nice way to end the day, de stress and have fun. The wooded environment was not too noisy and we were lucky as it was dry and not too mucky. The only distractions were a few dog walkers and dogs that ran into the dens through the course of the afternoon. But all in all it was not too bad.

Negotiation 

Without question, the hardest part of the task was when we were to negotiate with another team different challenges given to us by the lecture. One team member in particular had a really good way of negotiation and as a result it lead to us being able to successfully complete our negotiation task.