Society and Culture: Youth

In Society and Lifestyles today we learned about the differences in society and culture and how they interact with youth. We also learned that youth culture can been seen as a subculture in itself and were able to link this with social theories from Piaget, Erikson, Kohlberg and Maslow. In the tutorial we studied certain questions and answered them in groups and then had feedback with the class. This was very useful because I believe it gave insight to different peoples opinion.

I feel that my knowledge has increased today because I was unaware of any of the social theories that we learned today. I feel that these theories will help me in preparing for my exam. Some of the slides in today’s lecture also referred back to the previous lecture which has further improved my knowledge and understanding of the five agents of socialisation.

I felt in the tutorial that I struggled with answering some of the questions but once a few examples were given I started to understand what I was being asked. To combat this I will look over the questions again to improve my understanding of the questions.

I feel that this weeks input has been enjoyable because youth culture is something that I am interested in and would love to teach this particular subject as an aspiring teacher.