Why I want to be a teacher

When  asked the question ‘why do you want to be a teacher ‘ I have three main reasons. My family, the community and I want the chance to make a real difference.

Firstly, my family. I come from a long line of teacher so you could say it’s in my blood. My grandparents had a strong influence on me, their own love for teaching and how they used to teach me is always in the back of my mind, and gives me the drive to be a confident, fair natured and friendly teacher.

Secondly the community, growing up in a small town where everybody knows everybody has meant that a sense of community and togetherness in deep rooted in me. I want to be able to give to my own community and to the new communities I will be become part of. I want to help build close relationships with not only my pupils but within the heart of the community too.

Thirdly, I want the chance to make a real difference within the world by creating confident, caring and hardworking children who will have the ability to grow and succeed in the greater world. I want the chance to inspire pupils to push themselves and strive for greatness. I want to be able to help those pupil less fortunate and inspire them to love school and develop a passion for learning as well as creating last friendships with their peers which will become vital for the rest of their lives.

I also believe that the reasons that have inspired me to become a teacher will also help me become a well round and fair teacher.