Early Years

Right Based Learning need not be complicated: it is however fundamental to our work with children and young people. Every member of staff working with even the very youngest children should help identify and promote the strengths that lie within them, their families and their communities. We know that when children are asked about what they want from those who work with them a familiar set of issues is raised, “listen to me, respect me, keep me safe, include me, explain things to me, work with others to bring support to me, help us all have the same chances”.

Staff working with Scotland’s youngest children have a vital and rewarding role in supporting and promoting the Rights of the Child. Understanding the key principles within UNCRC will enable staff to be more effective in supporting children as they learn about themselves, the significant people in their lives and the world in which they live.

Early years centres show how awareness of rights can be introduced to young children. Click to see film clips of rights based learning in practice and to share management tools, training materials and teaching resources.

FILM

MANAGEMENT TOOLS

TRAINING MATERIALS

TEACHING RESOURCES

Kilbowie

View

View

View

View

Newark

View

View

View

View

Meadowview

View

View

View

View

Lennox

View

View

View

View

Ferryfield

View

View

View

View

Westercraigs

View

View

View

View