Are you interested in using a blog to promote language learning in school but you are not sure where to start? Then have a look at Blogging Bootcamp and learn from the Blogging Wizard himself!
Here you will be taken step by step from start to finsh on how to set up your own blog in Glow. From how to make you first post to how use widgets and plug ins and how to change your theme and profiles.
You could then use your blog to share the work of the classes in your school by uploading text, pictures and videos and share them with your school community, other Glow users and even the wider world.
Click on the link to find out more.
Today’s children are growing up in a multilingual world and the ability to communicate effectively is crucial if they are to play their full part as global citizens.
- The 1 + 2 approach is aimed at ensuring that every child has the opportunity to learn a modern language from P1 onwards and taking part in the 1 + 2 Factor can help you achieve this in your schools.
- We are inviting individual classes, schools or clusters to use any of the tools within Glow to create a learning space which will help in the implementation of 1+2.
- Entering the 1 + 2 Factor will allow you to become part of a community of teachers across Scotland all working together to achieve the same goal.
- You will be able to use Glow tools to create, collaborate and innovate with other practitioners across the country.
- You will have the opportunity to share your ideas about making language learning a fun and interesting experience for teachers and pupils alike.
- By taking part in the showcase you will be contributing to providing a rich bank of resources, ideas and links which will then be available for future use.
- We can link you to external enterprises and cultural organisations, who can provide you with opportunities to create real-life learning experiences
- Attendees will get to have a great day out where they will present their work in the morning then in the afternoon they will get to wander round the marketplace and take part in activities involving languages and technology.
- It’s an ideal opportunity to not only develop the language provision in your school but also to improve your school’s use of digital technology in languages and any other curriculum areas.
Log in to Glow and visit the site for ideas, resources and useful links to get your learning space going http://tinyurl.com/1plus2Factor
Questions to Chrissie Lamont Christine.Lamont@scotland.gsi.gov.uk