Since we came back to school after the Spring Break holiday, P1b have been busy, busy again! The first week back was Holy Week and we learned about the significant days in this week and why there are so important ending with the miracle of Jesus rising from the dead on Easter Sunday. The whole school attended The Stations of the Cross together every day during Holy Week.
In Literacy we have been learning the digraphs “ee” and “oo”. We have been thinking of and writing words with these digraphs in them. In Big Writing we have had a look at poetry and we wrote a short class poem together on our current Topic of Spring.
We have started learning about Estimation and Grouping in Numeracy and Maths. In addition some of us have been using number lines to help us with addition and subtraction sums.
In Health and Well Being we have been reminding ourselves of how to be a good friend and the correct ways to treat others and also how we should be treated correctly by others too.
In Primary 3b we have been learning :
- In Maths we have been learning about quarter past, half past and quarter to. We have also been learning to subtract with borrowing.
- We have been reading our new book The Creakers by Tom Fletcher and we have been illustrating the front cover and discussing what we think will happen next.
- We have been writing Amazing diary entries and using our imagination and VCOP.
- In P.E. we had our dance finale and have been practising our gymnastics.
- In ICT we have been using Microsoft Word to type up our ‘If I was’ poems and making them look nice by changing the font, size and colour. We also have been adding pictures from Clipart and Google searches.
We have felt successful when:
- We came up with a good routine in Gymnastics.
- I did my very best in my Maths assessment.
- I completed my writing task.
- I wrote my own poem and typed it up on the computer.
In P3a we have been reading The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark and working hard on comprehension questions. We drew wonderful Owl pictures for a class display. In numeracy we have been learning all about 3d shapes and we have also been learning our 5 times table. This week in health we were learning about eating healthy and keeping our teeth clean. Last week we did our dance display for our parents. We had so much fun and hope the parents enjoyed it. Thank you so much for coming to see us!