From October 2017 – January 2018, our whole school community worked together to revise our Vision, Values and Aims.
A poster illustrating our Vision, Mission Statement, Values and Aims is displayed throughout the school to remind pupils, staff, parents and visitors of what forms the bedrock and sets the direction for the life and work of St Conval’s. We also have a pupil-friendly poster to support children throughout St Conval’s to remember, understand and live-out the Vision, Values and Aims of our school.
Motto: Love God, Serve others, Excel in learning
Mission statement: With children at the heart of everything we do, our mission is to build a nurturing and stimulating learning community, rooted in Gospel values, in which every child and adult feels loved and has the opportunity to reach their full God-given potential.
Values: Openness, Tolerance, Love, Connection, Perseverance, Growth
As a community of FAITH, we aim to:
- place Christ – Teacher, Master and Friend – at the centre of our school
- build an atmosphere of openness, tolerance and mutual-respect where pupils and adults are helped to understand and appreciate the diversity of cultures, faiths and beliefs represented in St Conval’s Primary, the nation of Scotland and across the world
- provide meaningful opportunities for pupils to develop their knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith, actively participate in religious observance and respond positively to God’s invitation of friendship
As a community of SERVICE, we aim to:
- provide a safe, inclusive, nurturing and equitable learning environment where all members of our school community are able to grow into confident individuals and feel happy, valued and fulfilled
- recognise every child and adult as a unique individual, made in the image of God, and continually endeavour to meet the spiritual, emotional, physical, social and intellectual needs of all
- foster Gospel values of openness, tolerance, love, connection, service, growth and perseverance, equipping all members of our school community to serve as responsible citizens within St Conval’s and in the local and global community
As a community of LEARNING, we aim to:
- provide the highest quality of learning and teaching across the curriculum, supporting all pupils to be literate, numerate and healthy, equipped with the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary for being lifelong successful learners in an ever-changing society
- establish and maintain high, but realistic, standards and expectations for all, fostering a love of learning in both pupils and adults and supporting everyone within our school community to take responsibility for their own learning
- work in close partnership with parents, the parish, the wider community and other partners to ensure all pupils benefit from relevant learning experiences beyond the classroom
Pupil friendly poster: