The mission of the Citizenship group is to build a school community where everyone feels respected, valued and empowered by placing the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child at the heart everything St Conval’s does.
- Building a happy, safe school community.
- Knowing our rights and responsibilities.
- Respecting the rights of others.
- Developing as global citizens.
CITIZENSHIP Pupil Voice Business Meeting JANUARY 2018
• We plan to use the Rights of the Child articles to develop our own St Conval’s Rights, which will be easy to learn and remember.
• We hope to plan a ‘different cultures’ day to celebrate the diversity of nationalities and cultures within St Conval’s. We are also thinking about purchasing and hanging a flag of every country represented in St Conval’s around the hall.
• To raise awareness of the plight of homeless people, we are exploring the idea of building basic shelters in the playground and staying in them for a night. This would be in the summer term!
• P6 already have pen-pals in Malawi and we are exploring the possibility of having pen-pals from other countries.
• We would like to create regular opportunities to visit the local care home.